[openbeos] IMPORTANT mailing list info

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 22:03:27 -0500

>> > I'm not convinced of this. Unless it is via Source
>> > Forge or OpenProjects it isn't "official". (Kinda
>> > like the Italian guy who was touting his own
>> > official IRC server channel.)
>
>While I admit, I made it off of a whim, without consulting Michael
>about it, I wanted to see the remaining non-dev chat disappear from
>this list.  However, finding out about the Creative Design team having
>their own list, this is probably a much better topic for that list -
>but you might want to ask if they want the extra noise first.  ;)

And I want to thank you for your effort. I have had thoughts along similar
lines.
We discussed it at the admin meeting tonight, and here is what we decided.
This list will continue to exist, serving for general chatter.

We will have a "for active contributors only" list. A list that is by invite
for posting. Basically
the criteria is contributing something to the project - be it creative team,
developers, etc.
This is a low noise list for those who don't have time for general chatter.

And a third "announce" list. Very low noise (maybe a message or 3 a week).

*I* will create these over the next couple of days and post here. Individuals
will be
responsible for deciding what list they choose.

>> Oups .. didn't knew that, sorry. That mailing list have
>> been created by Deej, maybe we can ask him to move it at
>> SourceForge ...
>
>I (as the GlassElevator List Admin, with Nathan's permission) moved the
>GE mailing list to BeUnited's server for certain reasons... ;)  Which
>is why any others I create will be on BeUnited's server and not
>SourceForge.

SourceForge's lists are designed for certain things. We were trying to use
them for other things. :-) It didn't fit. :-)

Thanks, everyone, for listening...