[haiku] How to improve Haiku

  • From: Przemysław Pintal <premislaus1988@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 05:23:55 +0200

Hello!

1. I think that if there will be money, the next contract should cover
the creation of unit tests for Haiku. Our developers need to have the
proper regression testing tools. Checking for regressions is a blocker
for the beta!

2. Once on the #haiku-pl, pdziepak expressed the opinion, that he
likes projects in which the other person, reviews and accepts commit.

3. We have too too many tickets in-progress on Trac, some of which are
several years old (this is annoying).

4. Haiku devs says - "Patches welcome". But some patches are added
after a few months, and contain only a few lines. For example -
https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/9975

Best regards