[openbeos] Re: How not to actively prevent a PPC version of yoursoftware and write better code at the same time

  • From: Rogier van der Hee <rogier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:07:49 +0200

Yes. And working on porting that kernel. I have quite a bit of PPC code
for NewOS sitting on my hard disk here.

_very cool_ . But why not commit it then? Then you can start the generate / review cycle earlier, and also some people have reported on the NewOS list that they want to contribute for PPC. Maybe your start can inspire them and give them a starting point.

Rogier
P.S. Personal note to Nathan: I'll get back to you about that PPPoE as soon as I get BeOS running on my Epox 8KHA+ ;-(. Still doesn't work after disabling SSE in the BIOS and installing IDE driver...

--
rogier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.vanderhee.net