[openbeos] Hijacking the looper's port.

  • From: Isaac Yonemoto <ityonemo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 20:45:03 -0500 (CDT)

So poking and prodding around the looper.h header file, I found an
undocumented function bool IsMessageWaiting().  Not surprisingly, this
basically allows for the looper's message port to be hijacked, using the
(documented, but shoddily so) functions CurrentMessage() and
DetachMessage(), which pulls off of the port, and not the Queue.  Most of
you probably already know this, but I just thought that (at least at some
level) the documentation should be clarified (and the rest of us
aedified).  The Be Book isn't too good at talking about the interface
between BLoopers, BApplications, and the kernel_kit.

Isaac