[openbeos] Re: HaikuPorts

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 21:42:49 +0200

Hello,

Am 04.08.2008 um 20:34 schrieb scott mc:

The move of HaikuPorts is compete and we'd like to remind devs that
they can use these resources for their porting efforts.
For users who'd like to suggest various ports, you can do so on the
haikuports users mailing list:

For now please continue to use the BePorts mailing list:
//www.freelists.org/list/beports

We are in fact *planning* to migrate to mailing lists on the new server but Brecht might still make name adjustments.

The Trac website is already fully migrated to http://ports.haiku-files.org/ including the tickets and the Wiki with all "port logs". This new website allows us to manage Trac user accounts on our own, so if you'd like an account please let one of us know and we'll set you up.

It would be nice to have the Ruby 1.9 port documented, for instance.

What we are documenting, among other things, are:
* port maintainers,
* error messages and corresponding solutions/workarounds,
* links to patches,
* infos on external VCS branches to collaborate on and
* links to external tickets for upstream merging.

For example, I've recently set up a Git branch of Mono, which (with some minor changes to Haiku) since today already prints "Hello World" from JIT'ed code.
http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/dev-lang/mono/2.x

Andreas