[openbeos] Re: Haiku Logo was The importance of good communications

  • From: "Haiku Security" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:32:46 -0400

The reply I made was in reply to Axel's statement:

"I don't see why should it replaced, anyway, but whatever is
contributed, you may have to deal with seeing it not be used. That
happened with code, and that happened with other stuff as well. There
is no guarantee that contributed stuff of any kind can and will be
used. We will always try and consider it, of course. If the current
Wiki maintainer didn't like your logo, you probably have to deal with
it."

Who clearly contradicted the idea that there is an official logo by stating that it was up to the wiki maintainer to choose a logo; which is certainly a branding problem. Would Ford Corp. allow a dealership to make his/her rendition of the ford logo and put it on their sign? I think not.

I think the reall issue at hand is a lack of *clear* distinction of authority. Whoever is in charge of the Creative team should be answering the questions I pose regarding logo-authority, if, the devs, indeed, are not to be authoritative on these issues.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Drinkwater" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>