[haiku] Haiku Down Under 2010 - Call for Submissions

  • From: Sikosis <sikosis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 17:03:51 +1000

Hi,

In August 2009 (and 2008), the Haiku Australian Developers and Users
attempted to stimulate and generate buzz for Haiku in Australia (ala
down under). Thus, the annual Haiku Down Under (Virtual Conference)
was born and it's that time again with just 47 days til the next event
- 22nd August, 2010.

With this in mind, we're asking if anyone has (open to all Haiku
users, not just Aussies) any Haiku related news, stories, software,
etc to present at HDU 2010. This can be anything related to Haiku.
Maybe a hardware or software project you're working on, whatever ...
we want to hear from you.

Presentations can be prerecorded AUDIO or VIDEO (or both) -- they can
be Powerpoint/Keynote/slide based. Best thing to do would be to
contact myself (Phil aka Sikosis) and we'll accommodate you any way we
can.

Also, if you have any ideas or suggestions of what you would like to
see, please advise and we'll work that into the schedule.

We'll have giveaways for our virtual attendees like last year, so hope
you can make it -- after all who doesn't like freebies ?

Web Site with last years info is http://haikudownunder.com/ -- we'll
be updating it on/around 1st August with full details on the 2010
event. Last year's event didn't go as smooth, so I've booked a
conference room with projector, white board, conference table and
chairs and Internet access at the University of Queensland -- so if
anyone is thinking of coming in person, there is limited seating, so
please let me know prior.

Cheers

Sikosis (Phil)