[openbeos] Re: Google SoC

  • From: Ralf Schülke <teammaui@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 10:58:02 +0100

Am Samstag, den 17.02.2007, 01:30 -0800 schrieb Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a.
Koki):
> Hi,
>
> If my understanding is correct, to be seriously considered as a mentor
> organization, we need at least two mentors (devs) for one single student
> (having a third one as a backup is even better). This entails certain
> responsibilities for the mentors, and involvement by the community so
> that the mentee feels comfortable (asking questions on the list/IRC, etc.).
>
> The upside is that we could get a paid developer for a few months, so it
> is certainly worth trying. But our pool of devs is not that big, so the
> question is who can become a mentor. Any volunteers out there?
SoC is verry intresting , but i think it its to early, it whas better
when haiku is R1, so can SoC give Inprovements and Inovations for Haiku
after R1.
Ore what is a finish of SoC in 2007 for haiku os ?

Off Topic: Haiku  need more Developers in time ,,, On a Haiku-os.org can
not found a "Hunting/searcing Developers". This is a job for MACOM :-)

The other i miss soo a LocalKit technology, thats whas a good part for
"frendly Developers fom other OS (linux/BSD ..)" when we have a conzept.
Thats my meaning.

P.S: good job all Haiku people
Ralf aka stargater