[openbeos] Re: GUI submission

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 21:09:56 -0500

Couple of things. Part of this looks to be a language issue. I want to just
state that
BlueOS isn't OpenBeOS. Which is different than saying BlueOS isn't an Open
BeOS. As in
open source.

AFA which GUI style to choose, as I have said here many times, we will
reproduce R5 for R1. ANYONE who has been on GE at all or looked at the archives
will know *immediately* why. NO ONE can agree on ANYTHING GUI related. And I
think that is a good thing, as issues get discussed in detail and put under the
"microscope of the masses", something that open source is very good for.

However. We need to go somewhere today. Probably the biggest reason that we are
doing R5 is that it will take *months* for people to come to SOME agreement on
what the best thing is. Personally, I like what Stuart has done FAR more than I
like Gonx. And I think that the best is yet to come. This sort of design is, I
think, rarely about "Joe" going off in the corner for 2 weeks and coming back
with a nice UI. I think that many people contributing will help. So, all of
those who are interested, head over to GE and help out! :-)