[openbeos] Re: GUI Submission (getting long)

  • From: "Nathan Whitehorn" <nathan.whitehorn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 15:47:10 EST (-0500)

> >Q: Drop shadows?
> >A: Yeah, call me a sucker for them.  I realize translucent drop
> shadows for
> >the windows probably won't be possible for R1.
>
> I think they look great too, but they should be an option, I would
> like
> OpenBeOS to run on my old hardware still, so it would be nice to keep
> the OS snappy by turning all the features like that off.
>
> Perhaps a new Preference Panel "Interface" could house all this.

It doesn't matter whether it's possible in R1, anyway: all of this is
GE stuff and won't be in R1. Period.
-Nathan

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

He had that rare weird electricity about him -- that extremely wild and
heavy presence that you only see in a person who has abandoned all hope
of ever behaving "normally."
                -- Hunter S. Thompson, "Fear and Loathing '72"