[haiku] Re: GSoC 2010 idea: BToolbar API

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 08:45:08 +0100

Hi!

-- Stephan Assmus, on Fri, 12 Feb 2010 18:12:08 +0100:
> Designing all the icons is actually a lot more work than designig and
> implementing the toolbar API, but unfortunatly not applicable as a
> GSoC
> project (no code).
--snip
> It's just a small amount of work to put it all together and and make
> a good
> public API out of it. The tear-off feature could be some additional
> work to
> get right, but overall, I don't think it can reasonably fill up a
> summer
> worth of work.

I see. Not being that much work is actually good news. OTOH, there are
many small things that can't be worked on, because there are too few
devs... :)
Maybe an enhancement ticket would be a good idea, so someone could
stumble upon it. I also think finding someone for designing a
consistent set of symbols is easier if the API is in place or is being
implemented.
Or is there anybody interested in giving the icons a try? There will be
a toolbar eventually...

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de