[haiku] GSoC 17: Introduction to myself and project discussion

  • From: Hy <cvghy116@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 00:32:01 +0700

Hi all,

My name is Hy, I'm an senior student currently learning computer science at HCMUS, I intends to participate in GSoC 2017. I have basic knowledge about operating system and want to works with filesystem, I think I will start with BTRFS.

From https://www.haiku-os.org/community/gsoc/2017/students

*Installing Haiku* -- done. I installed haiku (nightly build) on virtualbox and it worked well.

*Building Haiku from source* -- failed. I built the system both on my ubuntu 16.04 machine and on virtual Haiku, everytime I rebuilt it produced different errors. I don't know how to deal with it.

I followed the guide from https://www.haiku-os.org/documents/dev/running_userlandfs/ in order to build and run in "userlandfs" mode, but it still obfuscates to me. Can I get more details about this ?

Thank you,
Hy