[haiku] GSOC 14

  • From: NAVNEET SUMAN <navneet35371@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 11:14:07 +0530

 Hii,

 This is my first year to Gsoc. I wold like to do the following project
with haiku this year.

Calendar application

Create a native calendar application or port an existing calendar
application to Haiku. The app should support creating events and saving
them to event files augmented with attributes similar to how People file
work for contacts. Additional features of the calendar app might also
include support for recurring events, integration with other calendaring
software such as Google Calendar or Microsoft Outlook(tm), and vCalendar
support

Some applications to look at for inspiration/examples:

   -

http://www.pulkomandy.tk/~beosarchive/?file=archive/source/utils/Organiz...<http://www.pulkomandy.tk/~beosarchive/?file=archive/source/utils/Organizer.zip>
   - https://github.com/HaikuArchives/Eventual (for screenshots, see:
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/eventual/)
   -

http://haikuware.com/directory/view-details/info-management/personal-inf...<http://haikuware.com/directory/view-details/info-management/personal-information-managers/a-book>

   - Skill set: userland development

This idea along with some other drew my attention. I think this project
will be the best one to start with Gsoc. Please guide.

I feel confident enough to complete this project within time for haiku. It
would be great plesure for me if i am given a chance for this.

I have been contributing to opensource since some time. I have contributed
to duckduckgo.com,youtube-dl etc. I am looking forward for it.

--
 Thanks and Regards,

Navneet suman,
IIIT-Allahabad