[haiku] Re: Few website improvement ?

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 10:10:03 -0700

Hi Jean-Marc,

Jean-Marc Louviaux wrote:
Hello,

I've been enjoying the new web pages but i found 2 few things who bother me :

- We have to scroll down to see the main news, where i think they should be read directly. I believe it would be wise to put the "WHAT'S NEWS IN HAIKU DEVELOPMENT" section at the bottom of the page or elsewhere.

You can't please everyone, can you? :) The reason for the tabbed content being where it is now is to address previous complaints that the development progress was not visible on the website.

If you want to follow the latest website content without having to scroll, try this page instead...

http://www.haiku-os.org/tracker

...or subscribe to the various RSS feeds that we have:

Latest news: http://www.haiku-os.org/rss.xml
Blog-O-Sphere: http://www.haiku-os.org/blog/feed
Development: http://www.haiku-os.org/aggregator/rss/4

- I am also a bit irritate with the fixed columns width. It may look nice on 1024, but it's look squeezed on 1920.

Changing this would require a quite radical change of the theme, and I am afraid I don't have the time to go back to the drawing board. Sorry...

Overall the new site rock :)

Thanks!

Jorge/aka Koki