[openbeos] FalterCon 2007 has a new webpage with updated information

  • From: "Michael S" <mikesum32@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 17:16:44 -0400

There is a new FalterCon website. http://myhaiku.org/faltercon/

FalterCon 2007 is an impromptu gathering of Haiku users, developers and
supporters initiated spontaneously by the community in response to the last
minute cancellation of the WalterCon
2007<http://haiku-os.org/news/2007-07-24/waltercon_2007_canceled_michael_phipps_at_linuxworld>conference
by the Haiku
project <http://www.haiku-os.org/>. What is it all about?

We will be gathering to get to know each other, do some much needed
advocacy/PR for Haiku (we will bring leaflets and CDs to hand out), exchange
information about the project and, of course, have some fun! Some of us will
bring our laptops with us, and some network gear (ie., wifi router, cables,
etc.) so that we can access the net from Haiku.
When and where?

   - When: Saturday, August 11, from 11:00AM to 4:00PM
   - Where: Linux 16th Anniversary Picnic
<http://www.linuxpicnic.org/>at Sunnyvale
   Bayland Parks,
CA<http://sunnyvale.ca.gov/Departments/Parks+and+Recreation/Parks/Baylands/>

Map<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&q=sunnyvale+Baylands+Park&near=Sunnyvale,+CA&ie=UTF8&ll=37.397028,-122.038193&spn=0.120011,0.145569&z=13&iwloc=A&om=1>|
TEL: (408) 730-7751

How to join?

Anyone interested in Haiku is welcome to join us! All you have to do is...

   - RSVP using the Picn*x 16 RSVP
Form<http://www.linuxpicnic.org/guests/rsvp.pl>
   - Contact us to let us know that you are coming! (a list of the
   confirmed attendees
here<http://myhaiku.org/faltercon/forum/faltercon-2007/keeping-list-people-will-show-or-least-considering-it>
   )
   - And show up! (We will come up with a way to find each other)

How much does it cost?

Nothing. Yes, you read correctly: it is free of charge, and it includes food
too. Be sure to make your grill selection when you RSVP!
Be sure to drop by the forum <http://myhaiku.org/faltercon/forum>From the
forum:

Firm attendees (barring any unforeseen issues):

   - Bryan Varner
   - Michael Summers
   - Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)
   - Urias McCullough
   - Andrew Bachmann
   - Isaac Yonemoto

Possible attendees:

   - Scott McCreary
   - Travis Geiselbrecht
   - Jimmy Cederholm
   - Phil Greenway (a.k.a. Sikosis) says he'll attend from remote in
   Australia (that maybe won't work - we'll see, but thanks for the support!)

If we missed anyone, please reply to the thread in the forum and we'll
update the list. If you want/need your name removed, let us know.