[openbeos] Re: FFII Online Demonstration Against Software Patents

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 21:38:58 -0400

I have, from the very beginning, chosen to stay out of anything political (or
religious, for that matter) with OBOS. That isn't to say that I don't have
strong feelings. I certainly do. But anything that fragments the community that
is not strictly critical (like license decisions) to the project, officially we
stay mute on.

The below list of projects is certainly good company. I hope that they are
noticed by the people in charge - regardless of the decision they make, a large
number of people have an opinion on this; one of the poisons in politics today
is the disconnect (real or perceived) between the officials and the voters.

Anyway - this is not soc.politics, so if you have comments on the above, please
send the to me offlist. :-)