[haiku] Re: EEE PC 1201N

  • From: Gregor Rosenauer <gregor.rosenauer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 23:02:48 +0100

The screen resolution of 1366x768 is not correctly detected but I
think I get 1280x768, but with full acceleration (so is the 3d nvidia
driver included by default?).

The Synapics touchpad behaves a bit too sensitive at times, causing
the pointer to jump erraneously.
Sound is sadly not working (with media server sometimes crashing on
restart), as is Wi-Fi, but that's not yet implemented as I understand.
Could not get the USB webcam to work yet.

Hardware support in general is surprisingly good, have to try wired
network but I suppose it will work just perfectly.

I will do some more investigation and post a full report to the list
with detailed hardware info...

All in all very nice to see Haiku getting this far and working quite
ok were it really shines - a fast and lean OS on a fast and lean
"net"book:=)

Gregor