[openbeos] Re: Cross compiling on Mac OS X

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 12:36:02 +0200

On 2007-05-02 at 21:10:02 [+0200], Brian Jung Myeng Lee <jm3lee@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I am new to the list and interested in playing with Haiku. I tried to
> search for cross-compiling guide on OS X and I was not able to find
> any. Does anyone know if there have been any attempts? Is it already
> working?

Nope, it isn't. There was someone on the kernel list who started porting
the build system 1 1/2 months ago, but to my knowledge, he never finished.
That should be the thread (SF doesn't cooperate with me ATM):

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=fa766b2d0703130835n692fd623jc7f11b2f911a0008%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=open-beos-kernel-devel

> If not, I would be interested in getting cross-compiling working on OS
> X over next few weeks. I own an Intel Mac.

Feel encouraged to do so. It shouldn't be that hard, since the build is
already working on FreeBSD (or at least did until yesterday when I switched
to the new FS shell -- I've got no feedback yet).

CU, Ingo