[openbeos] Re: Content Management System

  • From: "Donovan Schulteis" <deej575@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 12:48:08 -0700

Sent again, as it seems the first didn't go through - sorry if this
duplicates.

 What is haiku-os.org doing to keep the standards and CVS of beunited
 available? How do you mirror a full CVS?
I will probably try to get most of the stuff there and then see about
putting them in a Subversion repository somewhere. Of course many of
those projects are quite dead. But it would be a shame to have the
code disappear. But I believe BeUnited.org is maintaining the CVS for
a while.

Simon is going to leave the CVS server up for a while, as long as he can
feasibly do it, but the exact timeframe is undetermined.  I'm looking at
trying to get an alternate CVS or Subversion server up somewhere else,
probably tying it to BeGroovy, and maybe some sort of repository system as
well.

On the original topic, BeGroovy uses Wordpress as it's CMS, but I'm getting
sick of spending so much time monitoring spam between that and the SMF
forums, I'm debating taking up work on the beunited.org portal code again to
run BeGroovy as well.

Deej