[openbeos] Commented Sample Code for Newbies

  • From: "Nick Scott" <nomind_23@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 03:11:37 -0500

I pulled down the source for People from the ftp site and walked through
it a little, added a bunch of comments, and tweaked it a bit to get it
to compile under R5.  I've found that, for me, really well documented
code with a decent reference to fall back on is probably the best way to
learn.

So, if you've moved past "Hello World", but aren't quite sure yet how
all of the kits and classes fit together, and would want to take a look
at what I've done, send me a reply off-list and I'll send it to you.  It
should also be in CVS as soon as I can get SF to cooperate with me.

Nick
a religion requiring three dashes and a disclaimer