[openbeos] Re: Booting using an USB pen-drive (almost...).

  • From: Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 14:20:14 +0200

Hi, Michael,

17.07.2007 11:10 you wrote:
I think the bios emulation only goes as far as getting the bootloader up and starting the kernel. Then the kernel needs to take over - which it would do using the incomplete USB stack. I think it's an unimplemented feature - but definitely one that is coming :)

The USB stack is complete in this regard. The part missing is the USB Mass
Storage driver. The driver is present in the Haiku tree and can be built for
BeOS R5, but it has not yet been ported to the new SCSI subsystem under Haiku.
There is already work going on in that regard, you can follow the
corresponding ticket here: http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/1106
Yes, I want confirm that work on usb_scsi porting is going on. Not so quick as I'd like to see, but progressing. Just a bit busy to finish my work at job before vacations. ;-)

Kind Regards,
  S.Zharski.