[haiku] Boot blocking on mouse

  • From: Michael Armida <michael@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:44:44 -0800

Last night I successfully booted into a Be-like system for the first time in
about six years.  You guys have done some great work with this thing.

I'm experiencing some weirdness, whereby boot seems to inconsistently block,
waiting for a mouse click.  I am running it from inside a VirtualBox VM.  The
boot icons don't proceed until I capture the mouse; once it's captured, the
boot proceeds.  About a quarter of the time, the boot loader hangs on the very
last icon; another quarter of the time, it successfully launches, but then the
mouse is unusably spastic, receiving weird ghost input and flying around all
over the place.

Has anybody seen anything like this?  I think the thing with the mouse is kind
of interesting; maybe something about the VirtualBox USB thing is mucking up
Haiku?

If it provides any clues, I'm running the AMD64 build of non-OSE VirtualBox.  I
added Sun's VirtualBox apt repo, and installed it from there.