[haiku] Re: Attribution for Haiku website design and theme

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 06:03:21 -0700

On 2010-05-12 at 10:30:42 [+0200], Simon Taylor<simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Niels and Jorge clearly have some personal issues going on here, but
unilaterally (as in a decision by Niels, not a "unilateral project
decision" btw) revoking Jorge's admin rights seemed completely
unjustified from the things I've seen written in public.
It's actually Jorge vs. the "in-group". While I can only guess who might
belong to that group, I'm sure Jorge can give a complete member list.

No, it is the Haiku clique that you and Niels are part of that take every opportunity that you have to make it look like it is me against everybody else.

Now that's been done and Jorge is understandably angry then reinstating
permissions is obviously more of a security risk, especially given Jorge
wishes the project to cease usage of the nice theme he designed.

I thought we were just about to reach agreement on an attribution page
for the website (I was also going to suggest having a script
automatically dump the contributors for AboutSystem onto the web too).

I think this whole incident could have been avoided if Niels' first
history have turned into long and frustrating arguments doesn't mean
that they all need to!
They tend to when the majority of people has an opinion differing from Jorge's.

Excuse me, but what differing opinion are you talking about? If anyone reacted to a different opinion here it is you and your cronies, who are *retaliating* by revoking my admin rights only because *I said things that you don't like on a third party website*.

So, what are you, the mind police? Now you want to control what people think too?

Just for some additional background: Jorge only had admin permission due to a
unilateral of Ryan's (certainly meaning well), who reinstated those
permissions on Jorge's request after Jorge had gave them up in an... er...
"sudden" decision a few months before. Several people raised objections, but
finally let the case rest to avoid another public "discussion" with Jorge,
hoping for the best instead. In hindsight that was a mistake.

This is not what happened. I was playing around with the website permissions to test some things and I messed up my own permissions, simple because I have several accounts for testing purposes, and I changed the wrong one.

It was me who asked Ryan in private, because I wanted to avoid the aggravation that would have ensued with the kind of conspiracies such as the one you have just come up with to stir the pot.

For the record, I have never done anything that could be considered a security threat. As pissed off as I am with this bullshit from Niels, Ingo and the rest of Haiku's creme de la creme, I would have never done anything to compromise the integrity of the website or anything else for that matter, and it has never crossed my mind either.

This is all about censorship and retaliation because I am critical of what I think is wrong with the project and some of their leaders. All you have to do is remit to the facts, which is that my admin rights were removed because I was (quoting from Niels email) *bad-mouthing the project on articles on third-party website*. This is the true face of the Haiku clique; the rest is all BS.

I have clearly stated my conditions under which I would consider Jorge fit for
any kind of authority in the context of the Haiku project [1]. Since those
conditions have not been met and things actually have gotten worse, I can only
wholeheartedly applaud Niels' decision.

There people, if you want to be part of the Haiku clique, you have to kiss their asses. Beware, though, because if dare to voice your critical opinion, in the best case you get chastised/insulted/cursed at in public and in the worst case you get kicked out like I did.

Oh, by the way, for those who would still like to meet the Haiku clique, their hideout is in the #haiku-dev channel on irc.freenode.net. Given them my regards, will you please? Ooops! :P

Cheers!

Jorge / aka Koki