[openbeos] AmnesiOS

  • From: "Jonas Sundstrom" <kirilla@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 23:22:31 CEST (+0200)

François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote

Something about ignoring sub-fields of a B_QUIT_REQUESTED msg.
I lost the email.. itchy empty-trash Spicykeys command.. sorry. :P

If a flag is used, the user can decide -not- to use the state-keeping
of a certain application, (for personal reasons).

About the shutdown field you mention, (which I don't know if it
exists),
I'd prefer native apps to save their state -anytime- they're quit,
-including- at shutdown. So if I closed BeMail and re-opened it
I could continue typing this email.

The apps state could be auto-saved periodically.

(All this is already possible. What's holding us back?
Lack of interest in finishing apps we create?
Do we settle for the bare necessities?)

/Jonas Sundstrom.            ~ www.kirilla.com ~