[openbeos] Re: Alternative GUI window

  • From: DarkWyrm <bpmagic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:40:48 -0500

>Hi all.
>
>** caution - hot steam being vented - use caution **
>
>In a delirious moment on a stormy night (after plenty of Vodka), I came up
>with this weird window GUI:
>
>http://members.optushome.com.au/zenja/OBOS_gui_01.jpg

<snip>
>This approach allows you to enjoy the most screen real-estate without
>cripling functionality.
>

>Comments would be appretiated.  Perhaps I should stick with the Vodka ;-)
>
>Zenja
Good to see you're still keeping in touch with the list. :) Because of how
things are going to be done in R1's server, you'll be able to have just what
you said, and I'll still be able to have the rockin' window style in the
leaked 5.1d0 screenshots on OSNews. AtheOS does window "decorators" and like
it has been mentioned, its app_server is the model for ours. Window styles
are already in R5 - I'm just going to be doing them a little differently.
Isn't it amazing what a little ranting will get you? :^)

--DarkWyrm