[haiku] Re: ARM Port

  • From: Daniel Devine <devine-mlist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 14:29:21 +1000

If a major Haiku contributor was to take hold of the ARM port I would
happily put in 50% of the board and accessories cost. I think Haiku would be
*awesome* on ARM and I am really getting into the architecture as of late. I
think ARM is the wave we really need to get ready to ride!

At the moment I am planning on building an ARM cluster for hosting in a
data-center. If/when I get this done I'll let this ML know.

As for ARM based laptops I would love to see running Haiku - the Toshiba
AC100 (I have one :) ) would be awesome and the Effika MX from Gensei USA
are great, especially when compared to the AI product.

--Daniel Devine