[openbeos] ACPI on BeOS R5

  • From: "Fredrik Holmqvist" <holmqvist.fredrik@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 19:01:19 GMT

(This might be a duplicate but it seems my previous message didn't
arrive)

I talked with Nathan W a long long time ago about what effect ACPI
might have if enabled on BeOS R5. Today I actually took the time to
write a driver that loads the module and see what happens. The result:
It KDL's on boot. As half my keyboard wasn't working I could't find out
much but I managed to exit KDL and continue booting. It boots, and I'm
actually typing this with such a boot. I'm not sure due to the KDL that
the module did everything it was supposed to.

My curiosity was only to see if it would do anything interesting to my
laptop, it did no such thing. After finding this out I don't planning
to do very much else with ACPI on R5. If anyone wants the code (that's
not part of Haiku) it can be found here:
http://hem.bredband.net/b143824/ACPI-driver.zip
AND IS ONLY INTENDED FOR EXPERIENCED DEVELOPERS.

Ok, back to the reqular programming...

/Fredrik Holmqvist, tqh