[haiku-web] Re: spammy offer for help in forums

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 14:31:19 -0700

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Richie Nyhus <richienyhus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How do you guys want to handle this spammy offer for help in forums?
>
> http://www.haiku-os.org/community/forum/nonprofit_hosting_nonprofit_org
>

> I am asking this here as it falls into the grey area between spam and
> a valid post, which there has been agreement to first check with this
> ML before moderation on these types of posts.

Preferably, offers like that should be made via our "Contact" feature,
rather than in our forums.

As for whether we should remove the link or not - I dunno. I would
just remove it with a note that we can contact him directly if we're
interested in there future.

As for the need for such hosting, I think we're currently pretty well
covered. We could perhaps use another download mirror, if they have
high-bandwidth connections - but even those we seem to have covered
pretty well at this point.

- Urias