[haiku-web] Trac migration to AccountManager

  • From: "Niels Reedijk" <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 22:37:28 +0200

Hi all,

I have finished the script that creates passwords for all (104 ATM)
accounts that ever logged into dev.haiku-os.org. I have also installed
the account manager plugin and it is set to go. I have tested the
plugin this evening (which probably caused an outage for people trying
to access the website, but anyway...). The script then sends a nice
email to the people whom it concerns.

Anyway. I guess now is a good time to make a decision. Choose between:

a) Keep the convenience link between Trac and Drupal using an
(untested) link that transmits the account data between servers.

b) Switch to a separate login system for Trac. All users that ever
logged in will receive a new password via email, and other users can
register.

I think the advantages and disadvantages of both systems are known.
Personally, I am inclined to go for the second one, because for
security reasons, it would be better not to share the login
information between the two systems. Next to that, as Jorge argued,
uncoupling the systems will increase reliability through decreased
dependency.

Anyway, I'm interested in hearing your opinions.

N.