[haiku-web] Re: Trac Login lose original link

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 09:16:52 +0100

Hi there,

Am Mittwoch, den 03.11.2010, 08:44 +0100 schrieb Niels Reedijk
<niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On 3 November 2010 08:35, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> has anyone changed anything in Trac recently? When I log in, I'm
>> presented with the welcome page now, instead of the page I was on when
>> I logged in. This is pretty annoying.
>> Should I open a bug report for this? In any case, this is not the first
>> time this happened, so someone should know how to fix it - a short note
>> about it would be nice, too, so that one can fix it easily next time
>> :-)
>
> We're experimenting with logging in using SSL. It's still WIP, and
> this is one of the issues to be resolved. So please bear with us for
> the time being.

I have looked into that problem yesterday and had to patch Trac (via
our build service
project) in order to get it working properly. What happened was
basically that Trac looks
at the referer in order to determine where to redirect to after a
login. An additional check
in that part of the code tries to make sure that it only redirects if
the referer points to
the same (i.e. Trac) site. Unfortunately, that check didn't deal
properly with potential
protocol switches between referer (http) and current url (https).

I have it working on vmdev-test and will adjust vmdev later today.

cheers,
    Oliver