[haiku-web] Re: Looking for help with the development

  • From: Niels Sascha Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 22:25:29 +0100

Hi Justin,

Let me pick up where we left the conversation last week.

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 3:42 AM, Justin Stressman <jstressman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 12/16/12, Niels Sascha Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> My idea was to publish a public request for help on our website. I
>>> have drafted up a call for help, it can be accessed by those with the
>>> appropriate permissions. [1] Feel free to edit it.
>>>
>>> What do you think about doing such a call?
>
> I was supposed to get more permissions awhile back but nobody ever got
> around to it. ;) (so I can't see the linked article)

I have given you more permissions now. You are an editor on the
website. You should be able to see this page now.

We can up you more if you need.

> I've been doing drupal site development and maintenance for about 5
> years now, and general web development etc for 15+
>
> I'd be glad to help out however I can, but I don't have the level of
> expertise of Niels when it comes to writing custom code for Trac etc.

Great! You should have a talk with humdinger them. Basically he is
looking for a redesign of our screenshot/slideshow pages. Basically
you need to figure out how to translate the wishes exactly to the web,
while keeping in mind the demands about image size and scaling of
them. I am thinking it will require some template magic.

For the rest: I will post the news item online since I got no
comments. Let's see if people have the time to respond during their
Christmas breaks.

Regards,