[haiku-web] Re: Haiku Site Emails

  • From: "Dennis d'Entremont" <dennis.dentremont@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 22:06:55 -0300

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 9:49 PM, Dennis d'Entremont <
dennis.dentremont@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 9:45 PM, Urias McCullough
> <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 5:27 PM, Dennis
>> d'Entremont<dennis.dentremont@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Actually I am referring to the stuff sent from the Contact Form on the
>> site
>> > as general inquiries. I was set up to be the one to answer those and I
>> did
>> > get some before. They aren't frequent to begin with but it seems like an
>> > extended period has passed since I last saw one.
>> >
>> > Just curious.
>>
>> You can always send a test message if you're in doubt :)
>>
>> Last I looked you were still the target for those.
>

> I figured as much. I'll send a test just to check and make sure. I guess
> that's the obvious thing to do :P

Ok so I tested Donations, General, and Website Feedback. Out of those 3 I
got the messages from General and Website Feedback however they were both
flagged as spam because the to address showed my gmail address and gmail
knew it didn't send that message. That's expected behavior I would think.

I'm assuming that the Category drop down list is what determines who gets
which emails (?).

Also, would it be possible (or worth the effort) to change the emails to
display [Haiku - General] and [Haiku - Website Feedback] rather than
[General] and [Website Feedback] in the subject? At least, for me, it would
be easier to differentiate between other emails from the various other
mailing lists and web forms I am on? It would also be easier to create a
rule in Gmail to help managed these messages.

Just some thoughts.