[haiku-web] A frontpage suggestion

  • From: "Joachim Seemer" <j.seemer@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 17:43:21 +0200 CEST

Hullo!

I may have an idea how to solve the problem that the frontpage is
quickly becoming overcrowded when it wants to be the ONE starting point
for everybody.

Think back to the times before Google: You visit a search engine like
Yahoo or Altavista and after waiting for the page to slowly build up,
you are confused by a myriad of sections, categories and links from
stock exchange to baby diapers.

Enter Google: A frontpage without clutter, loading almost instantly.
That alone was reason enough for me to make it my first choice for
searching the web.

I propose doing the same for the Haiku website: Have the frontpage
as an antechamber with a nice Haiku logo in the middle, a short blurb on
what Haiku is about below and then three linking buttons: Developers,
Users, Collaboration (or whatever it will be called, I always think of
"fraternizing with the enemy" reading that word...). From there you
branch out into three frontpages, each tuned to provide all the
information for that specific clientele.

Hmm, yes, I'd like that.
How about you?

J.Seemer