[haiku-sysadmin] Some maintenance

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-sysadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 23:54:49 -0700

I started vmweb back up after it died earlier and took a look around.
I didn't immediately spot anything suggesting the VM was tampered with
- in fact, it almost looks like qemu simply died.

In any case, I took the opportunity to update some stuff: several of
the Zypper repo URLs were pointed to a German mirror that was failing
to connect, so I changed them over to download.opensuse.org (standard
factory URL). This seems to have resolved the problem trying to
update/patch packages.

I then did some patching and surgical updating of packages on baron
and the 3 VMs. I didn't update packages that I felt might require
extra testing - I mostly just updated stuff that was either
non-critical (such as collectd and friends), or posed a potential
security problem (some required patches to libgcrypt, etc.)

vmdev looks like it has a lot of pending python updates which I didn't
touch. If nobody is worried about these, I can go ahead and update
them as well - but I'd rather do it when someone else is around to
help troubleshoot any problems that might arise.

vmweb received all its updates, and a reboot for good measure.
Hopefully it remains solid.

- Urias