[haiku-sysadmin] Re: SMART error (SelfTest) detected on host: baron

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-sysadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 23:49:24 -0700

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 11:36 PM, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's getting worse... I guess I should request that Hetzner replaces
it at this point. I just started a "long" test, but it will take
something like 6 hours to finish... I'll also be monitoring the RAID
status (still intact at this point):

I don't remember what we did last time - did we request an immediate
swap of the disk, or did we schedule an appointment and power
everything down in advance? Are they going to just shut the machine
off on us?

I'm hesitant to request a replacement until morning here - because
it's currently midnight for me and I won't be available to restore the
software RAID once they swap it (or deal with any other issues that
crop up).

Can someone confirm that our offsite backups are working and recent?

- Urias