[haiku-sysadmin] Re: Ready to Switch SVN?

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-sysadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 11:38:50 +0800

On 2009-10-03 at 21:55:28 [+0800], Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2009-10-03 at 11:43:23 [+0200], Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > not that I want to rush anything, but since the BerliOS repository seems
> > be down again: Is anything holding up the switch to our svn server?
>
> No, we'd have to do the preparation steps in a bit of a rush, but I think we
> should be able to switch more or less instantly.
>
> This would have to take place:
>
> - send out a mail to haiku-development announcing the upcoming switch and
>   asking everyone to stop trying to commit anything to berlios
> - Once I have received them from Axel, I add all haiku-commits subscribers
>   haiku-commits@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and sync them with the .forward files of the
>   respective users on svn.haiku-os.org
> - fetch the apparently single missing commit r33411 from my local berlios
>   repo sync (from this night) and apply it manually to svn.haiku-os.org.
>   Hopefully, this was indeed the last commit, otherwise it would get a bit
>   complicated to get the both repos back in synv once Berlios is back again,
>   but nothing unsolvable there.

If svn:// is still working as Urias writes, that could be used to sync as
well.

> - allow and test commits to our svn repo
> - adjust dev.haiku-os.org to sync from svn.haiku-os.org
> - change all references on haiku-os.org to the svn repo on berlios to point
>   svn.haiku-os.org
> - send out a mail to haiku-development about the outcome of the switch
>
> Additionally, we'd have to continuously monitor svn.berlios.de and - as soon
> as it becomes available again - login and disable commits.

Yep, I hope a mail to the developer list will reach the devs before they try
committing before the BerliOS server becomes available for commits again. So
that's probably not that urgent.

> If we switch now, several devs will not be able to commit to the new repo,
> as
> they failed to send me their ssh keys and/or ht-digests. But I'm pretty sure
> they'll hurry up to do so ...

Agreed, I don't think that's a problem. Particularly because ATM no-one can
commit anything.

> So, shall we switch now? I suppose there's not really much we can lose by
> trying, is there?

I'm all for it. Though with only occasional internet access I won't be able
to help.

CU, Ingo