[haiku-sysadmin] Re: RFC dev.haiku-os.org: switch back to forms-based login

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-sysadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 20:18:47 +0100

On 12/30/2013 04:06 PM, Niels Sascha Reedijk wrote:
My proposal is to switch back to form based-login instead. We initially
switched to digest authentication because we did not use SSL, which
meant that passwords were transferred plain-text over the wire. Now that
we do require SSL for our services, there is no compelling reason to
stick with it.

I believe the other reason for switching was that a login page that takes you away from the page you're interested in (like on haiku-os.org) completely sucks.

CU, Ingo