[haiku-sysadmin] Re: Leaving the sysadmin team by the end of the year

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-sysadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 10:29:18 +0200

Hi Oliver,

Am 19/09/2015 um 16:07 schrieb Oliver Tappe:

after having stepped down from the primary sysadmin position half a year
ago, my motivation to continue work as part of the sysadmin "team" has
dwindled even further.

As a result, I would like to announce my leaving of the sysadmin team by
the end of this year. At that time, I will drop my administrative rights on
baron and the VMs.

Bummer, but thanks for hanging in there for so long!
I'm sorry that the idea of a sysadmin team didn't work out so well. Looks like we always need one that really feels responsible for getting things done.

The most pressing issue to solve until then is that currently, most of the
backups are done to my own root server (sitting in the same datacenter as
baron). While it is yet unclear whether or not that server will still be
available as a backup target in 2016 and beyond, we should really find at
least one other server where to upload those backups to.

Suggestions?

What's the space and bandwidth requirements on this?

Also, will you make it to BeGeistert this year? Would be nice to finally get the server introduction we forgot about last time, while it's still in your mind.

Bye,
Axel.