[haiku-sysadmin] Re: I broke sudo on vmweb

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-sysadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 11:49:18 +0200

On 17.09.2015 11:36, Oliver Tappe wrote:

On 09/17/2015 11:08 AM, Ingo Weinhold wrote:
You can definitely use vi to fix the file (or even back it up and
reconstruct it with cat or echo), if you still have a root shell. If
not, I guess we'll have to shut the VM down, mount the disk image
manually (or attach it to another VM?) to gain access to the FS and
replace the file. Not that I have ever done that.

A simple alternative is to login and become root on baron and then do
'virsh console vmweb' and then login as root onto the VM.

I thought of that, too, but noticed that I have no clue what to enter at the password prompt. :-)

CU, Ingo