[haiku-inc] Start of the long term contract

  • From: "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 16:36:40 +0200

Hi there

I'd like to officially announce that I've started my long term
contract. As proposed I will now be working ~134 hours/month (80% at 42
hours a week). Since I wasn't sure if I could already make the time
this week, I was hesitant to announce. But seeing that it worked out
fine and I could spend the ~8 hours daily  I'd like to make the
official start date the 26th of September 2011. I will not be working
strict hours, but I will keep track of my working hours privately and I
will also be available through IRC while working.

For the immediate future I'll be concentrating on completing the
integration of the wpa_supplicant and related configuration. After that
I plan to move on to general bug fixing for a while (I have a few pain
points on my list). During and/or in between these tasks I will keep
everyone informed via blog posts.

In the case that I run out of tasks, or when I'm not sure that the
tasks on my list are reasonably worth the paid time, I propose the
following for finding further tasks: Writing a mail to the development
mailing list, some reasonable time before running out of tasks, to ask
for the areas that work is most desired in. The work areas or specific
tasks could then be discussed and prioretized there. Please speak up if
this method raises any concerns or if another workflow is desired.

Regards
Michael