[haiku-inc] Re: Moonstone trademark / copyright violation

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 19:11:39 +0200

Hello,

On 23/07/2015 19:02, Alexander von Gluck IV wrote:

Good morning,

For those who aren't following the Moonstone issue, an arts center has
used our logo 1:1 in advertising their events.

waddlesplash sent a friendly email last week and has gotten no reply.

To protect our trademark we really need to send a C&D letter.
I have a polite one typed up on our trello board. Could I get some
input and votes to send this via registered mail?

Here are the violations:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1097155373643727/

https://www.facebook.com/MoonstoneArtsCenter/timeline

What I saw makes me think it wasn't really intentional, and they aren't
in the "same market" anyway, did you try to post on the event page?
Going public usually makes people act more quickly.

Something like:

"Hello, it appears you (probably unintentionally) reused our logo, which
is actually a registered trademark, to promote your event. Our trademark
doesn't claim the word "Haiku" only of course except for some products,
but the exact design you reused. While this means our project is getting
more visibility, we would like that you cease using our logo for
something unrelated to our project.
Could you please answer the mail we sent you last week?

Come on, you write poetry, you are artists, you can come up with a nice
logo of yours! ;-)

Sincerely."

François.