[haiku-i18n] Re: Main site localization

  • From: Niels Sascha Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 21:02:17 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 7:20 PM,  <dancso.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is there any way to make a localization for the main site (haiku-os.org),
> like the user guide? I have just played with the current site (attached to
> the mail), and I think it would be fine if the visitors can read the site on
> there own language.

It would be possible, though there are a lot of buts. The Drupal core
itself is translatable, but it depends on a lot of modules that might
or might not have been translated themselves, and in their turn, might
not allow other content to be translatable.

> Of course, this we cannot localize it 100%, because of the “active” contents
> (forum entries, or the news), but I think the main parts (like menu) are
> localizable. So, with this, the visitors can find easier what they want,
> like the mail lists, or user guide.

My preferred way would be to have a special start site for new Haiku
users. This site would serve static content to get new users started.
This would be very much localizable.

I don't know if anyone on the web team is willing to investigate how
it will go. For now, I will not.

Regards,