[haiku-i18n] All languages moved to Pootle

  • From: Niels Sascha Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 16:45:27 +0100

Hello all,

I would like to inform everybody that all languages are moved to
Pootle. Below is an overview of all languages. Some of these languages
are currently maintained, which means that every week new translations
will be exported to the git repository and the nightly images. Some
are unmaintained. If you maintain one of the languages on the
unmaintained list, please register an account on
http://i18n.haiku-os.org/pootle, and send me a personal email with
your username and the language you maintain.

Languages that already moved to Pootle and that are maintained:
be de fr lt nl ro ru sk uk zh-Hans

Languages that moved to Pootle and that are maintained:
fi

Languages that are unmaintained:
bg cs da el en_CA en_GB eo es hr hu it ja ko nb pl pt_BR pt sv

Languages that are not in git but that are on Pootle, but unmaintained:
ar pa

SOME QUESTIONS:
1. My language is not listed here and not exported to Pootle, but it
still is in HTA. What do I do?
Send a message to i18n.haiku-os.org, but no later than March 26.

2. How long will HTA remain online?
I will keep it in the air until March 26. After the data will be
saved, but not in such a way that translations are easily accessible,
so speak up before if you are missing anything.

3. What is up with nb?
No idea, for some reason it won't merge the recent changes from the
templates. If the maintainer steps up I will look at the issue again.

TODO:
* Somebody needs to look over all the resources we have for
translators and make sure that references to HTA are replaced by
Pootle.
* Pootle needs more support for partial languages (like pt_BR, which
falls back on pt)

I wish everybody happy translating!

Regards,