[haiku-gsoc] Golang port: moving to Go 1.4

  • From: "Zhuowei zhang" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "zhuoweizhang@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: haiku-gsoc <haiku-gsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 18:21:27 -0700

Hello,

Today I merged the changes from the current development tip of Go 1.4 into the
Haiku port.

As mentioned last time, the primary change in Golang 1.4 is that the M
per-thread structure is no longer stored in the TLS; instead, the G structure,
which is still in TLS, holds a pointer to the active M. This wasn't a difficult
update process; it was basically a matter of replacing m-> with g->m-> in two
files.

The new bookmark is
https://bitbucket.org/zhuowei/go-1-3-haiku/commits/branch/porthaiku3 .

Also, now that the GSoC is over, which mailing list should I post further
updates to? haikuports-devs seems like the correct one.

Thanks.
Zhuowei