[haiku-gsoc] Re: Ext3 minor design question

  • From: Janito Ferreira Filho <jvffprog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku GSOC <haiku-gsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 14:39:23 +0000

Hi,

Sorry for polluting a bit the thread... =)

I read again how BFS implements it's transactions, and if I understood
correctly, the block cache stores all blocks of a transaction inside the
transaction's list, and then the journal, when writing, simply iterates through
the list to save the blocks. Did I understand correctly?

If so, how can we find the difference between meta-data and data blocks? Or is
this done specifically before we call the block cache (ie. setting a zero
transaction ID when we get data blocks)? When running out of memory, how does
the block cache handle dirty blocks (inside a transaction)?

Hope I understand things a little better now =). Thanks,

Janito