[haiku-gsoc] Re: Decoding media buffers to raw media

  • From: Christopher Humphries <redeye4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-gsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 00:55:54 +0200

> It seems like BMediaFile is a friend class of BMediaTrack and so is
>  the only class that can construct a BMediaTrack.

Yeah, BMediaTrack really is a good match for what I want to do, I've been
copying code from it anyway, or searching for inspiration at any rate.

> Sigh, it really should be as simple as constructing a BMediaTrack

I agree, and this sounds like an extra argument for a BMediaDevice class,
which might come in handy in future too.

> If you have a BDataIO you can construct a BMediaFile and use the
> TrackAt function to get a BMediaTrack.

I have a BDataIO for the extractor anyway, so I'll use that one directly. If
I've understood correctly, using a BMediaFile will replace the other tools
(extractor, decoder...).

I had gotten to the point where I was working with BMediaBufferDecoder,
stored with other instances in a structure containing all the tools for each
output, but using a BMediaFile might make it much easier.

--
Cheers,
Christopher