[haiku-development] Re: where is icu DateFormatSymbols?

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 23:00:39 +0100

Hi Donn,

On 2014-12-02 at 22:22:59 [+0100], Donn Cave <donn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[ ... ]
> Don't mean to put anyone to a lot of trouble, but ... I have this
> system instability situation where, when the system itself doesn't
> crash, processes will crash at a particular place -- calling
> icu::DateFormatSymbols::initializeData(icu::...

The 'icu' namespace is hinting at it, DateFormatSymbols is provided by ICU
(International Components for Unicode), which in turn is an external
package and thus maintained in the haikuports tree.

If you see processes crashing in icu::DateFormatSymbols::intializeData(),
it is very likely that the data library that is part of ICU
(/boot/system/lib/libicudata.so) does not in fact contain any data. There
was a problem with the ICU recipe in haikuports that caused an empty
libicudata.so to be put into the package. The problem in the recipe has
been fixed, but I don't know if the ICU packages have been updated yet. If
not, someone should do that ...

cheers,
        Oliver