[haiku-development] Re: using a branch

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 09:50:21 +0200 CEST

Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Also on a related note, is it acceptable or a good practice to only
> branch certain subdirectories? For example if one just wanted to
> refactor a small part of the code? AFAIK it will work in principle
> (after all trunk is just a directory to svn), I was just curious what
> others think of it.

I already did that a few times, and it works fine if you know that you
only need to make the change in a certain directory.
As Oliver pointed out, though, it doesn't really hurt to branch
everything, though. Also, despite having to merge changes more often,
switching is usually easier, unless you really only need to branch a
single directory.

Bye,
   Axel.