[haiku-development] undertanding syscall

  • From: romain.haiku@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 18:19:11 +0100 (CET)

Hello everybody,

I am trying to follow the path of syscalls in haiku and there is a link
that I am missing. I tried, and failed, to see how is handled
"is_computer_on" from userland until the inevitable "return 1" of its
implementation.

In the kernel I found "_user_is_computer_on" in syscall.cpp.
In the userland I found "is_computer_on" in libroot that calls
"_kern_is_computer_on". However I could not find where/how is defined the
latter one. I suppose that it is generated by some tool since I can find
it in the generated "libroot.so".

So basically I am missing 2 parts of the chain:
- Where is the "_kern_xxx" code for all userland calls to syscalls ?
- Where is the link between the interrupt that is generated and the call
to the corresponding "_user_xxx" ?

Btw why does the code in the kernel is prefixed "_user", and the code in
user is prefixed "_kernel" ?

Romain.