[haiku-development] Re: timeout in acquire_sem_etc not working

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 19:00:00 +0100 CET

Marcus Overhagen <marcusoverhagen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It is doing a call to acquire_sem_etc with 100ms timeout, that never
> returnes. How is this possible?
>
> I enabled IDE irq and semphore debugging, the full debug output is
> available at http://overhagen.de/> haiku/haiku-idedebug.txt

How often does this happen?
Is it 100% reproducible? And if so, always at the same location?

Since the machine in question seems to be a 4 CPU system, and the
thread in question is still marked running, I would assume there is
some sort of race condition resulting in a busy loop dead lock. Since
the thread is still stuck in switch_sem_etc(), it would have been
interesting where exactly it is, and where the other threads are - most
likely, another one should be stuck, too.

Bye,
   Axel.